Many times the Holy Spirit, the Author of our Bible, inspired men to write about the return of Christ. We began to document these occasions in a previous post. Now, we return to see more. Below, I list some of the many occasions and give an excerpt or a full quote of each reference. You are encouraged to read these passages in their context.
- Phil. 3:20: “Our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ.”
- Col. 3:4: “When Christ who is our life appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory.”
- Heb. 9:28: “To those who eagerly wait for Him He will appear a second time, apart from sin, for salvation.”
- James 5:7-8 “Therefore be patient, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. See how the farmer waits for the precious fruit of the earth, waiting patiently for it until it receives the early and latter rain. You also be patient. Establish your hearts, for the coming of the Lord is at hand.”
- 1 Pet. 1:13: “Therefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and rest your hope fully upon the grace that is to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ.”
- 1 Pet. 5:4: “When the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the crown of glory that does not fade away.”
- 1John 3:2: “Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is.”
Jesus said the Holy Spirit is our Helper, our Comforter, and our Guide who would lead us into all truth. The Holy Spirit is God and therefore cannot lie. We can be confident in our Lord’s return because He inspired men to write about His return.
Take note: The verse-by-verse study through the book of Revelation begins this Sunday evening: Here are the particulars:
7540 Davidson Rd
Olive Branch, MS
Time: 5:30 p.m.