If this is your first visit to Foundations for Life, Welcome! Throughout these pages and posts you will find a wealth of biblical teaching and insights with more teachings and trainings added often. Click Latest for some of the most recent additions to the site.
Recently, I shared a message from the book of Ecclesiastes. This book in our Old Testament was written as a journal of the things Solomon tried in his search for meaning and purpose in life. After trying all that he tried, his summary word to us would be, “Do not do what I did. Do not try what I tried.”
At the end of the journal (book) he wrote, “Remember now your Creator in the days of your youth, before the difficult days come, and the years draw near when you say, “I have no pleasure in them”: In the context of remembering, I want to ask you a question and issue a challenge.
- What would you like your family and friends to know or remember about you after you are with the Lord? There may be many things. Record them.
- I challenge you to write your personal salvation testimony. Write it, rewrite it, refine it, and rewrite it in its final form where it could be read by someone in three minutes or so.
- Leave a copy with your personal affects
- Leave a copy at the funeral home where you have made your final arrangements
- Leave a copy at the church office where you are a member
- Give a copy to the minister who will do your memorial service
Your personal, handwritten testimony will be a powerful word to those who are too young to know of your spiritual life now (children, grandchildren, etc.) and those who never knew you but will attend your service because they are friends of a family member. Leave a word for those who will come behind you. This could be very powerful.
Whether you are a seeker, a new believer, a faithful follower, or somewhere else on the path of life, welcome again to my webpage! If you would like to send me a personal note, click this link: Tom@tomsavage.us.
I would love to stay connected with you! At Foundations for Life, we are all about Getting the Word into People and People into the Word as we build kingdom relationships for the glory of God. Let me know how I can help you know the Lord Jesus and draw even closer to Him.
I love keeping in contact with folks by email. If you would like to be added to my email list, complete the form on the sidebar above and to the right. If you want to send a friend the link to Foundations for Life via email, click here. If you’re interested in my bio, click here.