“Father, into Your hands I commit My spirit.”
Here, Jesus raises His voice to call out in triumphant victory. Here we have two power truths:
- Perfect Knowledge: Jesus is totally aware that everything He came to do has been completed and He was ready to return home.
- Perfect Relationship: In that relationship Jesus had what we have by faith and what we will experience totally and completely one day. One day we will know even as we are known.
As we close this abbreviated study, let’s consider six things that prevent people from having a relationship with God. Here they are:
- Sin – we inherited from Adam
- The penalty of sin – the wages of sin is death
- Physical birth – we need to be born again
- Relative righteous – God requires perfect righteousness
- The character of God – God will not tolerate sin
- Man’s position – we were born in Adam
As we close, consider these powerful words in Romans 5:6-11
“For when we were still without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. For scarcely for a righteous man will one die; yet perhaps for a good man someone would even dare to die. But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him. For if when we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life. And not only that, but we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received the reconciliation.”
Have a great day!!