As you walk with the Lord today, there are several truths to consider. Read the accompanying passage and complete the blanks below. After you have read the passage and completed the missing words, check your answers with the answers below.
- The enemy desires to ________ with us. (Gen. 3:1-3)
- The enemy seeks to ________ us from a faithful walk with God. (Gen. 3:4-5)
- The enemy plans to _______ us. (Rev. 12:9)
- The enemy was and is ________ by the death of Jesus. (Rom 5:6, 8)
Throughout Your Day
- Thank God for His marvelous and matchless love that paid your debt for you. (Rom. 5:6, 8)
- Thank Him for your salvation. (Eph. 2:4-9)
- Consider deeply the truth that without Him you would still be lost in sin. (John 6:44)
- Ask Him to show you and remind you of His love for you.
- Have you ever had someone forgive a debt just because they wanted to? What did that feel like?
- Did you stop during the day today and consider the tremendous debt we owe(d) God because of sin? Have you asked Him to forgive you of that debt?
- If you have been saved, did you pause today and thank God for His forgiveness? How long ago were you saved?
- Was today the day you asked God to forgive you on the basis of what Jesus did on the cross? If so, write me email@example.com.
- If you still need to do that, give me shout so we can talk.
Answers: (dialogue; separate; deceive; defeated)
In John chapter 6 we find the tremendous miracle of Jesus feeding 5,000+ people with five barley loaves and two small fish. In that context and after that miracle, we find the Bread of Life Discourse. In verses 35 and 48 Jesus said, “I am the bread of life.” In verse 51 He said, “I am the living bread which came down from heaven.” Within the Bread of Life Discourse (6:26-71), we find these ten very important truths.
- Heavenly food is more important than earthly food
- Heavenly food can only be found in Jesus
- Heavenly food is for those who have been invited to the banquet
- There is no problem too big for the Lord
- There is no person too small for the Lord
- There is no hunger too deep for the Lord
- There will always be those who cannot see and therefore do not believe
- Some people cannot handle deep truths of God
- Wise people recognize their spiritual ignorance
- Wise people stay close to Jesus for further illumination
The summary truth is, we all need Jesus, The Miracle Bread from heaven.
“For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world – our faith.” (1 John 5:4)
Assurance is entire confidence; most certain confidence; freedom from doubt and uncertainty. It is to “know” (1John 5:12-13).
True or full assurance is not a feeling. Feelings are fickle. They can waver from time to time as the result of our insecurities and fears. Assurance is not a feeling but truth based on the Word of God; the source of absolute truth.
When used in the context of our salvation, assurance and security are tied together but unique in the following way. The security of the believer is the work of God which guarantees that the gift of salvation, once received, is forever and cannot be lost. The assurance of salvation is the realization, the full confidence, that the genuine believer does possess eternal life.