As you begin (or continue) your day, open your Bible and read Psalm 34. What do you see? What jumps off the page and into your heart?
From there, turn to Luke 7:11-17. Here we have two perspectives; an earthly perspective and a heavenly perspective. Do you see the two? As we prayerwalk, the tug of the flesh would have us see things from an earthly perspective (hopeless and limited). The Spirit would have us see things from a heavenly perspective (hopeful, eternal, expectant, faithful).
Many times our perspective determines our response and in turn determines results. Read Matt. 13:58 and 1 Cor. 2:16. How do these verses relate to perspective?
- Look at things from a heavenly perspective
- Take note of the times your flesh would have you look at things from an earthly perspective
- Pray again for the person or place where evil is allowed to flourish
- Ask someone to join you in praying for this person or this place all the while claiming Psalm 34:3
- Did God stretch you today? How so?
- Did you struggle in any way today? In what way?
- As you prepare for bed, ask to God show you His perspective.
- Rest in Him