In John chapter 6 we find the tremendous miracle of Jesus feeding 5,000+ people with five barley loaves and two small fish. In that context and after that miracle, we find the Bread of Life Discourse. In verses 35 and 48 Jesus said, “I am the bread of life.” In verse 51 He said, “I am the living bread which came down from heaven.” Within the Bread of Life Discourse (6:26-71), we find these ten very important truths.
- Heavenly food is more important than earthly food
- Heavenly food can only be found in Jesus
- Heavenly food is for those who have been invited to the banquet
- There is no problem too big for the Lord
- There is no person too small for the Lord
- There is no hunger too deep for the Lord
- There will always be those who cannot see and therefore do not believe
- Some people cannot handle deep truths of God
- Wise people recognize their spiritual ignorance
- Wise people stay close to Jesus for further illumination
The summary truth is, we all need Jesus, The Miracle Bread from heaven.