Throughout the night …
- Jesus is led to the house of Caiaphas
- Peter denied the Lord and cock crows
- Jesus appeared before Pilate and Herod
- Barabbas was released
- Jesus was sentenced to die by crucifixion
- Jesus was beaten and treated more harshly than imaginable
- Jesus carried His cross to Golgotha
As the hour of crucifixion drew near, there were four groups of people present at His crucifixion:
- The calloused soldiers
- The cruel thieves
- The fickle crowd
- The hypocritical religious leaders
It is quite fitting that Jesus would die this way.
- There was no room for Him in the inn at His birth
- Herod tried to kill Him after He was born
- During His ministry several times people tried to kill Him
- One of the twelve betrayed Him into the hands of the Roman soldiers
- He was tried in a mock trial and sentenced to die even even though His judge said “I find no fault in Him.”
Beginning at 9:00 a.m. and continuing one per hour, the seven statements of Jesus will be posted.
- Saying #1: 9:00 a.m.
- Saying #2: 10:00 a.m.
- Saying #3: 11:00 a.m.
- Saying #4: 12:00 noon
- Saying #5: 1:00 p.m.
- Saying #6: 2:00 p.m.
- Saying #7: 3:00 p.m.