Open your Bible to Luke 11:2-4 & Matthew 6:9-13 and read The Model Prayer known better as The Lord’s Prayer. Seek to fill in the blanks below:
- The priority: ___
- The supreme name: __________
- The supreme kingdom: ________
- The supreme desire: _______
- The supreme surrender: _________
- The simple request: _______
- The important request: _________
- The continuous desires: _______
- Walk with Him
- Reflect on the model prayer
- Seek to look deeper into this prayer than you have before today
- Be aware of those moments when your will seems to be more important than His will
- Consider what corrections you need to make
- What was it like to walk with the Lord today?
- What did He show you while you were in the Word?
- What did He show you while you walked in the world?
- Were there any personal applications of The Model Prayer?
Answers for the blanks above:
- The priority: Our Father in heaven
- The supreme name: His name
- The supreme kingdom: His kingdom
- The supreme desire: His kingdom to come
- The supreme surrender: His will to be done
- The simple request: Daily bread
- The important request: Forgiveness
- The continuous desires: to avoid temptation and be delivered from the evil one