Our key passage for the week is John 8:12. “Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.” The call to follow Jesus never ends. It begins on our first hearing of the call and continues until we go to be with Him.
We may think of prayerwalking as only a specific event on our calendar but it is also a lifestyle of walking with the Lord as disciples every day. According to Luke 9:23, what must we do to follow Jesus and walk with Jesus? (We must die to self)
- What does this not mean?
- It does not mean physically dying
- It does not mean suicide
- What does this mean?
- It means rejecting the tug to live the way we used to live
- It means rejecting the tug toward self-centeredness (a natural way of life for a lost person)
- Seek to walk with the Lord today.
- Be attentive to what “walking with Him” looks like.
- As you walk, be alert to those He would have you engage in spiritual conversation.
- Remember, we can engage people one person at a time.
- How did Jesus enable you to walk with Him today?
- Did you sense Him accomplishing any eternal purposes through you today?
- Did He empower you to love any (normally) unlovable people?
- Did He lead you to adjust any of your thinking to His way of thinking?
- Did you have an opportunity to share your testimony today?
- Did you seize that opportunity?