Spiritual Warfare and the Church
When we put too much focus on our enemy, or our problems, they seem larger than our all powerful Lord God. In those moments, we need to step back, take a fresh look at our Lord, and see how small our enemy is by comparison. What did the enemies of the church say about the believers in Acts 17:6? What a badge of honor to wear.
From the early church we see, in the book of Acts, four central elements that were prominent. See if you can find them.
- ______ (1:14; 3:1; 4:24; 6:4)
- _____ ___ _____ (4:32-37)
- ________ ____ (4:19-20)
- __________ _____ (3:12vv; 4:8vv)
Rather than focusing on their problems or the enemy, they focused on the Lord. When we pray, we are doing spiritual warfare. We are invading the enemy’s territory (See Eph. 2:1-2). We do not focus on him, we focus on the Lord, but we are not unaware of the battle that rages.
- Walk in victory
- Walk with your spiritual eyes open
- Be aware of the war that rages
- Review the four elements
- Intercede where the Lord leads
- As you review the four elements that were prominent in the early church, are there any areas where you need to improve?
- Confess this using 1 John 1:9 and then improve in that area.
- Prayer (1:14; 3:1; 4:24; 6:4)
- Living out truth (4:32-37)
- Standing firm (4:19-20)
- Proclaiming truth (3:12vv; 4:8vv)